This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is rsz_wke_mzht_400x400.jpg

UNCG entrepreneurship program provided me with a very rewarding experience because of the access to Greensboro entrepreneurial ecosystem. Growing up I had an unstable childhood but I was determined to not my past dictate my future. Serendipity led me to meeting Dianne Welsh which inspired me to major in Entrepreneurship.
As far as classes the most impactful part of majoring in entrepreneurship was being involved in the CEO club, the mentorship program with Troy McConnell, and attending guest lectures featuring local entrepreneurs from the community.
I’m very practical so all the courses were very appealing because of the real-world experience. Especially in ENT 300: Ideas to Opportunities: Feasibility Analysis where I got to work on Mobius Slip which was a tech startup founded by Eric Ford who’s a UNCG professor. The course really confirmed my desire to do digital marketing for tech startups as well.
Some key individuals that impacted the trajectory of my professional career due to UNCG’s entrepreneurship program include Dianne Welsh, Justin Streuli, Sam Funchess, and Troy McConnell.
I started a career as an inbound marketing consultant back in 2011 (ended up interning with Troy McConnell and he introduced me to my first marketing client Julie Luther) and recently partnered with HubSpot. My experience at UNCG has allowed me to work at eCommerce companies (Propertyroom.com which does over 500K website visits per month) in Washington, D.C. all the way to tech startups in silicon valley (Waggl.com). Currently, I’m running my marketing agency full time and writing for multiple online publications such as Blavity and Influencive where I interview tech startup founders.

My article on Blavity – The Community for Black Creativity and News 

Thanks,
Kevin Payne
http://kevintpayne.com/